At uvex, we want to realise our vision of protecting people in a sustainable way. As a manufacturer with a high in-house production rate, we can influence most aspects of the value creation chain. In uvex plants, we’ve implemented almost 300 measures and projects to improve our sustainability performance.
Sustainable protection of people and environment
By using green energy, carefully choosing our suppliers, establishing our own social standard and much more, we take responsibility. For our employees. For the people that protect themselves with our PPE. For the environment.
Check out our new video about uvex's approach to sustainability.
In production, we consider the environmental impact of all of our processes:
- over 90% of the energy we consume is green energy – generating annual CO2 savings of more than 7000 tonnes
- our earplug production process is waterless and virtually CO2-neutral
- we have introduced complex energy recovery systems to reduce our energy consumption
- our safety shoe production department is certified in line with ISO-14001; this is the first area of our company to obtain this certification
For a number of years, uvex has followed its own social code, implemented a prohibited substances list and applied a comprehensive quality management system:
- binding social standard for all suppliers – based on globally recognised standards such as those of the ILO or SA8000
- 85 regularly audited core suppliers
- consistent implementation of defined measures across the world by trained uvex employees
- more than 10,000 hazardous substances checks carried out each year along the entire value creation chain
- systems that surpass legal requirements
- 80 employees dedicated to ensuring that all products are of optimum quality
- 11 locations across the world with DIN-ISO-9001 certification
As a family company, we place high value on continuity and the responsible use and deployment of social, environmental and economic resources – to protect our environment, society, and the health of our customers.