Introduction – Background
A laser safety officer has to be named and appointed if laser applications of the classes 3B, 3R and 4 are in use. According to the German accident prevention regulation OStrV § 5 + TROS the proof of participation in a corresponding course has to be submitted.
Objectives – Benefits to you
- Conveyance of comprehensive knowledge on beam and non-beam hazards with laser applications
- Introduction to basic physics with regard to the generation and effects of laserbeams
- Possibilities of industrial laser usage
- Thorough information on essential technical, organizational and personal protective measures
- Legal basis for operating a laser workplace
- Explanation of hazards resulting from sources of radiation and laser beams on the basis of examples
- Practical tests and demonstrations of laser effects and laser protection
- Graduation: “Laser Safety Officer“ incl. certificate
Employees of companies and specialists for work safety who are responsible for laser safety.