Individual eye protection at the screen
uvex VDU spectacles are specially designed for working at a screen, enabling problem-free vision at a computer workstation.
The special feature of VDU spectacles is the distance for which they have been optimised. Normally, the lens is designed for a viewing distance of approximately 30 cm (reading distance) to correct presbyopia. A screen is usually about 50 cm – 80 cm away from the human eye.
To be able to focus continuously at different distances, spectacle wearers are forced to adopt an unnatural head position and body posture. This can lead to a variety of posture-related symptoms, such as overexertion of the shoulder and neck muscles, fatigue symptoms or headaches. For most people who wear reading glasses or varifocals in their everyday lives, VDU spectacles are recommended if the main activity in their job requires viewing a computer screen and safety spectacles are not mandatory in the workplace.
uvex offers different lens materials, focus types and frames for VDU spectacles. The 'Made in uvex' quality system guarantees the best design from an optical and processing technology perspective. All materials used are free from harmful substances and are regularly inspected.
UVEX ARBEITSSCHUTZ GmbH
SBU Occupational Health
Telephone: 0800 8839572
uvex as a partner for individual protective equipment
uvex offers maximum service with maximum flexibility. Our specialists are happy to advise you with regard to professional and flexible solutions, tailored to the individual requirements of your company
Our wide uvex collection enables us to find VDU spectacles for each of your employees.
- on-site service from qualified opticians and master opticians
- qualified advisers in uvex customer service
- comprehensive uvex optical service partner network in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and other European countries
- product consultation and adaptations on request.
- appointments are also possible during the early, late or night shift
- uvex online appointment tool optimises planning
Posture-related symptoms? The solution – uvex Nahcomfort lenses
Avoid posture-related symptoms with uvex VDU spectacles that are individually adjusted to the wearer. Nahcomfort lenses are specially designed to suit computer-based workplaces and provide unrestricted vision at VDU workstations. The advantages are seamless, sharp vision from 30 cm to approx. 2 m.
A clear view of keyboard, screen and documents with an ideal head position. This results in a marked reduction in posture-related symptoms, because the head and neck remain in a natural position.
- The wearer’s usual reading prescription is found in the lower part of the lens
- The prescription value gradually becomes weaker further up the lens (degression, in the upper part of the lens, vision is clear at a maximum distance of approx. 2 m). The transitions between the different zones are smooth, similar to varifocal lenses
- All that is needed to place an order are details of the close-range values and the required design (type A, B, C)
- It is necessary to measure the specific height on the basis of the main line of sight. A minimum fitting height of 17 mm in the frame must be observed
|Type A||Type B||Type C|
|Degression*: 0.75 dpt||Degression*: 1.25 dpt||Degression*: 1.75 dpt|
|< 50 years||50 to 55 years||55 years|
* Degression: Correction reduced, based on the close-range value!
Anti-reflective coating is applied to the inside and outside of lenses by means of vapour deposition. It significantly reduces reflections on the surfaces. It offers a cosmetic advantage and increases light transmission. Three qualities are available: normal anti-reflective coating, multi anti-reflective coating and super anti-reflective coating.
Surface finish consisting of different layers. It includes a layer that filters short-wave visible light in the blue-violet range with increased effect.
Effective protection against the symptoms of fatigue and headaches associated predominantly with long periods of working at a monitor and/or with digital media.
The uvex UV blue layer system also includes a super anti-reflective coating and a scratch-resistant coating.
- Available in brown or grey
- Tinting levels: 15%, 25%, 65%, 75%
Variable tinting – Variomatic™
- Lenses tint automatically, depending on the intensity of the UV radiation and temperature
- Tinting of approx. 8% to 80% in brown
- Available on polycarbonate and Trivex™ prescription safety lenses
Find a uvex individual personal protective equipment partner near you
Our close-knit network of highly qualified optics, acoustics and orthopaedics experts ensures the availability of first-rate uvex quality of care in your area. You can therefore always rely on short supply routes, perfectly fitted individual personal protective equipment products and optimal protection.
uvex sportstyle RX – prescription sports glasses
uvex sportstyle RX frames are equipped with high-definition (HD) prescription lenses with the latest free-form technology for optimum visual comfort. These lenses made of polycarbonate or Trivex™ guarantee the highest level of protection and maximum performance for a wide range of sports.
Individual personal protective equipment training at the uvex academy
Our uvex academy seminars will enable participants to act as a competent representative within the company for individual personal protective equipment right through to fitting.
uvex x-pertblog – the occupational safety blog by experts for experts
Learn more about our products and technologies in our fascinating blog articles. Chat to experts and share your experiences.