Many automotive manufacturers implement technical and organisational solutions in accordance with the TOP principle (technical, organisational and personal measures) to protect their staff and are often confronted with the same requirements that apply to conventional vehicle assembly. However, there are workplaces that must be protected against voltage and short circuit electric arcs. Requirements regarding ergonomics and mobility in assembly operations remain unchanged. uvex therefore offers products that do not restrict workers yet ensure that they are optimally protected.
When it comes to producing ergonomic PPE, uvex takes a consistent approach to take into account body shapes and movement. This is evident in virtually every material group, be it protective clothing, gloves or head protection. Take the “faceguard” visors with short circuit electric arc protection for example; these allow the visor element to be pushed back into a resting position so that it sits centrally over the middle of the head to balance the weight load for the wearer’s neck and thereby prevent fatigue and poor posture.
The electromobility sector utilises innovative operating systems and displays. This technology often requires unrestricted use of touchscreens to optimise work processes. In this context, wearing safety gloves cannot be restrictive in any way, which is why “UVEX safety gloves”, which are made in Germany, place high value on sensitivity and being able to operate displays, regardless of whether protection against rough or sharp objects must be ensured at the same time or a special grip is required.
UV400 vs. UV380
The WHO recommends UV protection up to 400 nm. For uvex, this has always been a given.
The perfect safety gloves
Find your perfect safety gloves by answering four easy questions.
Shoe size finder
The uvex shoe size finder app makes it particularly easy to measure your feet and to find the shoe size and width you need.
Using earplugs correctly
You will only benefit from the full protective effect of your hearing protection if you insert it correctly and clean reusable earplugs properly.
uvex Respiratory Expert System
The fast route to finding the right respirator for your needs.
Prescription safety spectacles and VDU spectacles for vehicle assembly in the electromobility sector
- Organic material with high tensile strength
- Lightweight, also suitable for high prescriptions
- Very good optical image reproduction properties even on high prescriptions
- Very high resistance to cleaning solutions, oils, cosmetics
- Good scratch resistance
- Best all-round lens material
- Mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
Anti-reflective coating is applied to the inside and outside of lenses using vapour deposition. It significantly reduces reflections on the surfaces. It offers a cosmetic advantage and increases light transmission.
Three types of coating are available:
- Normal anti-reflective coating
- Multi anti-reflective coating
- Super anti-reflective coating
A special absorber has been added to the lens material that completely filters out UV rays and reduces the blue light content.
- The lenses absorb UV radiation up to 400 nm at 100%, filter short-wave blue light until 410 nm almost completely and reduce the range from 410 nm to 420 nm around 86%.
- uvex UV blue protect lenses enhance contrast and effectively prevent signs of fatigue and age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- UV blue protect is optionally available for polycarbonate (PC) lenses and HI 1.67
- the mechanical strength of the lenses is guaranteed — clear lenses with UV blue protect are marked 2C-1.2 according to EN 170
Our service for optimal protection
Individual eye protection with uvex VDU spectacles and uvex prescription safety spectacles.
Certified safety shoe insoles from uvex medicare
Everything you need to know about insoles at a glance!
Arrange a consultation with our uvex automotive experts
Are you interested in our uvex automotive equipment and would like to discuss questions and possible conditions? Our uvex automotive experts will be happy to help. Submit a request via our online contact form and we will send you more information.