Cell and battery production
uvex occupational safety equipment for cell and battery production
Cell and battery production entails very different risks for the respective workers. While people in cell production have to deal with chemical hazards in particular, those in battery assembly have to demonstrate a lot of dexterity.
Day-to-day work with a constant chemical risk requires people to be protected from coming into contact with the respective liquids and vapours. With this in mind, uvex products must ensure breathability and wearer comfort. In rare cases in battery production, risk due to short circuit electric arcs can only be countered with products in the highest safety class.
Regarding the properties of its own products, uvex has committed itself to creating an “internal standard” that sets out significantly higher requirements for products than the original standard. For PPE “made by uvex”, for example, significantly fewer harmful substances are allowed and our respiratory masks promise more comfort for the wearer through optimised breathing resistance. These increased requirements for our products are particularly noticeable in the protection of your employees, the high PPE acceptance amongst workers and the minimal risk of accidents, even in problematic areas.
In battery production, workers often need to demonstrate good dexterity in plugging in individual cables, but still need a combination of protection against cuts and short circuit electric arcs. uvex complements its range of gloves with high-quality products from HexArmor in order to meet these requirements. The Helix® 2082 combines these protective properties, while ensuring high tactile sensitivity.
Hand protection for cell and battery production
The perfect safety gloves
Find your perfect safety gloves by answering four easy questions.
Foot protection for cell and battery production
Shoe size finder
The uvex shoe size finder app makes it particularly easy to measure your feet and to find the shoe size and width you need.
Head protection for cell and battery production
Hearing protection for cell and battery production
Using earplugs correctly
You will only benefit from the full protective effect of your hearing protection if you insert it correctly and clean reusable earplugs properly.
Respiratory protection for cell and battery production
uvex Respiratory Expert System
The fast route to finding the right respirator for your needs.
Protective clothing for cell and battery production
uvex suXXeed ESD
ESD clothing for occupational safety and ergonomics combined in one
Prescription safety spectacles and VDU spectacles for cell and battery production
uvex RX cd - comfort & design
uvex RX – plastic frames
- Organic material with very high tensile strength
- Only limited chemical resistance
- Mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
- PC+ – polycarbonate lens that is thicker in the middle, especially for uvex RX goggles
- Organic material with high tensile strength
- Lightweight, also suitable for high prescriptions
- Very good optical image reproduction properties even on high prescriptions
- Very high resistance to cleaning solutions, oils, cosmetics
- Good scratch resistance
- Best all-round lens material
- Mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
Anti-reflective coating is applied to the inside and outside of lenses using vapour deposition. It significantly reduces reflections on the surfaces. It offers a cosmetic advantage and increases light transmission.
Three types of coating are available:
- Normal anti-reflective coating
- Multi anti-reflective coating
- Super anti-reflective coating
UV blue protect
A special absorber has been added to the lens material that completely filters out UV rays and reduces the blue light content.
- The lenses absorb UV radiation up to 400 nm at 100%, filter short-wave blue light until 410 nm almost completely and reduce the range from 410 nm to 420 nm around 86%.
- uvex UV blue protect lenses enhance contrast and effectively prevent signs of fatigue and age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- UV blue protect is optionally available for polycarbonate (PC) lenses and HI 1.67
- the mechanical strength of the lenses is guaranteed — clear lenses with UV blue protect are marked 2C-1.2 according to EN 170
Our service for optimal protection
Individual eye protection with uvex VDU spectacles and uvex prescription safety spectacles.
Otoplastics for cell and battery production
Medicare for cell and battery production
Certified safety shoe insoles from uvex medicare
Everything you need to know about insoles at a glance!
Arrange a consultation with our uvex automotive experts
Are you interested in our uvex automotive equipment and would like to discuss questions and possible conditions? Our uvex automotive experts will be happy to help. Submit a request via our online contact form and we will send you more information.