Electrics and electronics
uvex occupational safety equipment for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
In terms of their technical development, vehicles impress with increasingly sophisticated electronics that ensure maximum driver comfort and safety.
In order to install the smallest electronic parts without damaging them, it is important for workers to demonstrate good dexterity in production processes and to use high-quality materials that guarantee that all components will continue to function in the long term. When developing our products for these applications, we focus on producing ESD-capable protective equipment as well as protecting people who work on live electrical equipment.
In many large industrial companies, performing work on live electrical equipment is part of everyday life. Complex switchgear and live components pose high risks for the workers concerned. In the event of an arc flash occurring, the focus is on protecting the hands, head and body. As a system provider of PPE, uvex truly understands that different elements of protective equipment must be designed to be compatible with one another and minimise risk. Clothing that meets the requirements of various standards, visors for short circuit electric arcs and gloves for high-voltage applications are everyday essentials in these fields.
As a manufacturer of PPE for the whole body, uvex is committed to ensuring that in any areas where special protection of sensitive technology is required, the people concerned also enjoy the highest level of comfort in accordance with our mission “protecting people”. High cut protection must not be an impediment and is ensured thanks to the use of high-quality materials. Ergonomic clothing and shoes in accordance with ESD specifications enable wearers to comply with high product requirements even on long work days.
Eye protection for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
UV400 vs. UV380
The WHO recommends UV protection up to 400 nm. For uvex, this has always been a given.
Hand protection for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
The perfect safety gloves
Find your perfect safety gloves by answering four easy questions.
Foot protection for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
Shoe size finder
The uvex shoe size finder app makes it particularly easy to measure your feet and to find the shoe size and width you need.
Head protection for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
Hearing protection for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
Using earplugs correctly
You will only benefit from the full protective effect of your hearing protection if you insert it correctly and clean reusable earplugs properly.
Respiratory protection for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
Respiratory protection advisor
The quickest way to find the respirator that perfectly meets your needs.
Protective clothing for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
Prescription safety spectacles and VDU spectacles for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
uvex RX cd - comfort & design
- organic material with very high tensile strength
- only limited chemical resistance
- mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
- PC+ – polycarbonate lens that is thicker in the middle, especially for uvex RX goggles
- organic material with high tensile strength
- lightweight, also suitable for high prescriptions
- excellent optical image reproduction properties, even for high prescriptions
- excellent resistance to cleaning agents, oils and cosmetics
- good scratch resistance
- best all-round lens material
- mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
Anti-reflective coating is a layer applied to the inside and outside of lenses using vapour deposition. It significantly reduces reflections on the surfaces. It offers a cosmetic advantage and increases light transmission.
Three types of coating are available:
- Normal anti-reflective coating
- Multi anti-reflective coating
- Super anti-reflective coating
UV blue protect
A special absorber has been added to the lens material that completely filters out UV rays and reduces the blue light content.
- The lenses absorb UV radiation up to 400 nm at 100%, filter short-wave blue light up to 410 nm almost completely and reduce the spectrum from 410 nm to 420 nm by 86%.
- uvex UV blue protect lenses enhance contrast and effectively prevent signs of fatigue and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- The mechanical strength of the lenses is guaranteed – clear lenses with UV blue protect are marked 2C-1.2.
- UV blue protect is optionally available for polycarbonate (PC) lenses and HI 1.67.
Our service for optimal protection
Individual eye protection with uvex VDU spectacles and uvex prescription safety spectacles.
Otoplastics for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
Medicare for applications in the field of electrics and electronics
Certified safety shoe insoles from uvex medicare
Everything you need to know about insoles at a glance!
Consultation appointment with our uvex automotive experts
Are you interested in our uvex occupational safety equipment for the automotive industry and would like to discuss questions and possible conditions? Our uvex automotive experts will be happy to help. Submit a request via our online contact form and we will send you more information.