Roadside assistance and rescue operations
uvex occupational safety equipment for roadside assistance and rescue operations
Roadside assistance and rescue operations are entrusted to select employees, however, these workers often don't know what situation or risk they will encounter when at the scene. In addition, changing weather conditions and poor visibility make their job even harder.
If accidents occur in these fields due to a lack of protective equipment, the health of those concerned is very often put at extreme risk. It is precisely because of this that uvex sets out to manufacture products that go above and beyond the respective standards and impress users in terms of visibility, wearer acceptance and comfort. Try the products and see for yourself!
For people affected by changing weather conditions and safety hazards that are difficult to see, a special type of protection is required. The mere brightness and reflective quality of high-visibility clothing that meets the requirements of EN ISO 20471 are often not enough to make a rescue team or breakdown mechanic visible in good time. “uvex protection active flash” additionally equips certified high-visibility clothing with high-quality light guides to make sure that vulnerable workers on roads can be clearly and easily seen beyond the reach of the reflective element of their clothing.
In the field of electromobility, the use of high-performance batteries and uncertain rescue situations heightens the risk due to voltage. In the event of an arc flash occurring, the focus is on protecting the hands, head and body. As a system provider of PPE, uvex truly understands that different elements of protective equipment must be designed to be compatible with one another and minimise risk. Clothing that meets the requirements of various standards, visors for short circuit electric arcs and gloves for high-voltage applications are everyday essentials in these fields.
Eye protection for roadside assistance and rescue operations
UV400 vs. UV380
The WHO recommends UV protection up to 400 nm. For uvex, this has always been a given.
Hand protection for roadside assistance and rescue operations
The perfect safety gloves
Find your perfect safety gloves by answering four easy questions.
Foot protection for roadside assistance and rescue operations
Shoe size finder
The uvex shoe size finder app makes it particularly easy to measure your feet and to find the shoe size and width you need.
Head protection for roadside assistance and rescue operations
Hearing protection for roadside assistance and rescue operations
Using earplugs correctly
You will only benefit from the full protective effect of your hearing protection if you insert it correctly and clean reusable earplugs properly.
Respiratory protection for roadside assistance and rescue operations
uvex Respiratory Expert System
The fast route to finding the right respirator for your needs.
Protective clothing for roadside assistance and rescue operations
Prescription safety spectacles and VDU spectacles for roadside assistance and rescue operations
uvex RX cd - comfort & design
uvex RX – plastic frames
uvex RX – metal frames
- Organic material with very high tensile strength
- Only limited chemical resistance
- Mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
- PC+ – polycarbonate lens that is thicker in the middle, especially for uvex RX goggles
- Organic material with high tensile strength
- Lightweight, also suitable for high prescriptions
- Very good optical image reproduction properties even on high prescriptions
- Very high resistance to cleaning solutions, oils, cosmetics
- Good scratch resistance
- Best all-round lens material
- Mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
Tinted lenses provide effective protection against glare in areas with high light intensity (for example, sunlight)
- Available in brown or grey
- Tinting levels: 15%, 25%, 65%, 75%
Variable tinting – Variomatic™
- Lenses tint automatically, depending on the intensity of the UV radiation and temperature
- Tinting of approx. 8% to 80% in brown
- Available on polycarbonate and Trivex™ prescription safety lenses
Anti-reflective coating is applied to the inside and outside of lenses using vapour deposition. It significantly reduces reflections on the surfaces. It offers a cosmetic advantage and increases light transmission.
Three types of coating are available:
- Normal anti-reflective coating
- Multi anti-reflective coating
- Super anti-reflective coating
UV blue protect
A special absorber has been added to the lens material that completely filters out UV rays and reduces the blue light content.
- The lenses absorb UV radiation up to 400 nm at 100%, filter short-wave blue light until 410 nm almost completely and reduce the range from 410 nm to 420 nm around 86%.
- uvex UV blue protect lenses enhance contrast and effectively prevent signs of fatigue and age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- UV blue protect is optionally available for polycarbonate (PC) lenses and HI 1.67
- the mechanical strength of the lenses is guaranteed — clear lenses with UV blue protect are marked 2C-1.2 according to EN 170
Our service for optimal protection
Individual eye protection with uvex VDU spectacles and uvex prescription safety spectacles.
Otoplastics for roadside assistance and rescue operations
Medicare for roadside assistance and rescue operations
Certified safety shoe insoles from uvex medicare
Everything you need to know about insoles at a glance!
Arrange a consultation with our uvex automotive experts
Are you interested in our uvex automotive equipment and would like to discuss questions and possible conditions? Our uvex automotive experts will be happy to help. Submit a request via our online contact form and we will send you more information.