uvex 1 G2 safety shoes won the iF DESIGN AWARD 2020
The uvex 1 G2 safety footwear series was a winner of this year’s iF DESIGN AWARD, the world-renowned design prize. The winning product, uvex 1 G2 safety shoes, won in the discipline product design, in the industry category. Each year, the world’s oldest independent design organization, Hannover-based iF International Forum Design GmbH, organizes the iF DESIGN AWARD.
The uvex 1 G2 safety shoes won over the 78-member jury, made up of independent experts from all over the world, with its smart design and with the brand-new pioneering and unique polyurethane sole-technology uvex i-PUREnrj. The completely new developed generation of the awarded best-seller safety footwear range uvex 1 defines comfort and wearer acceptance in new dimensions. The competition was intense: 7,298 entries were submitted from 56 countries in hopes of receiving the seal of quality.
The uvex 1 G2 safety shoes
The new line is equipped with the brand-new pioneering and unique polyurethane sole-technology uvex i-PUREnrj. The completely new developed generation of the awarded best-seller safety footwear range uvex 1 defines comfort and wearer acceptance in new dimensions. The range provides perfect cushioning and energy return about the entire sole und reduces significantly the fatigue of the wearer. On basis of a broad scientific research the uvex 1 G2 line is positioned against some similar competitors technologies on the international safety footwear market.
The safety shoe range uvex 1 G2 is available as perforated safety shoe, boot and sandal with protection class S1 SRC and as standard safety shoe and boot with protection class S2 SRC in trend-setting colour combination tomato-red and black. The line is available in width 10 to 12 and 14. The available sizes are 35-52. More versions and other protection classes (S1 P/S3 are under development. The main part of the new development is the new and unique uvex i-PUREnrj Technology. uvex’s innovative new polyurethane sole technology — uvex i-PUREnrj — returns the landing energy over the entire sole unit back to the wearer and redefines shock absorption and stability. This makes every day full of energy, with noticeably greater comfort and significantly lower fatigue in the feet. In addition the weight has been reduced significantly.
Independent scientific testings with comparable products of competitors and in comparison to modern running shoes showed impressive results:
- 100% higher energy absorption than that specified by the EN ISO 20345 standard
- 66% energy recovery in the heel*
- 59% energy recovery in the forefoot*
- 29% higher shock absorption than standard polyurethane soles after 1000 km of use*
- 21% less perceived fatigue than with standard polyurethane soles after a working da
*Test Report Nr. L190714889 CTC Lyon, 22.08.2020
Due to its premium position, the uvex 1 G2 offers a lot more features:
- meets the ESD specification with volume resistance under 35 megaohms
- new wider 100% metal-free uvex xenova® safety toe cap for more toe room and optimum fit — compact design, anatomical shape, good lateral stability and no thermal conductivity
- ergonomically designed outsole incorporates the latest biomechanical research, consisting of two layers of uvex i-PUREnrj polyurethane with excellent slip resistance. The tread is particularly suited to industrial floor surfaces
- outstanding wearer comfort thanks to a newly developed last and climate-optimised, breathable materials
- virtually seam-free upper in high-tech microvelours to eliminate pressure points, perforated on the S1 shoe, hydrophobic on the S2 shoe
- removable antistatic comfortable insole with a moisture transport system, additional shock absorption around the heel and forefoot and excellent support for the arch
- soft padding on the tongue (S1 shoe) or dust tongue (S2 shoe) and Collar
- sizes 35 to 40 have been produced using a women’s last
- ultra-lightweight perforated S1 safety shoe and S2 safety shoe
- made from synthetic materials, making it suitable for people allergic to Chrome
- all sole materials are free of silicone, plasticisers and other paint wetting impairment substances
- elastic laces for quick, individual adjustment, normal laces also provided
Areas of application are light applications, like logistics, automotive assembling lines, warehouses.
About the iF DESIGN AWARD
For 67 years, the iF DESIGN AWARD has been recognized as an arbiter of quality for exceptional design. The iF label is renowned worldwide for outstanding design services, and the iF DESIGN AWARD is one of the most important design prizes in the world. Submissions are awarded in the following disciplines: Product, Packaging, Communication and Service Design, Architecture and Interior Architecture as well as Professional Concept. All awarded entries are featured on the iF WORLD DESIGN GUIDE, in the iF design app and are displayed at the iF design exhibition in Berlin.
The uvex group
The uvex group brings together three globally active companies under one roof: the uvex safety group, the uvex sports group (with uvex sports and Alpina Sports), and the Filtral group (Filtral and Primetta). The uvex group is represented in 22 countries by 48 subsidiaries but chooses to do most of its manufacturing in Germany. Two thirds of the company’s 2,700-strong workforce is employed in Germany. uvex is a global partner to international elite sport and equips a host of top athletes. The motto protecting people is at the heart of the company’s activities. uvex develops, manufactures and distributes products and services for the safety and protection of people at work, in sport and for leisure pursuits.