Maintenance and repairs
uvex occupational safety equipment for maintenance and repairs in the electromobility sector
Working on high-voltage vehicles brings great requirements for occupational safety. Risks for employees in the workshop area stem from hazards caused by electrical power. This applies to both voltage (voltage protection) and current (short circuit electric arcs).
uvex offers protective products against short circuit electric arcs, from helmets and gloves to clothing, as well as voltage protection equipment, for example to protect the hands against unintentional contact with live electric parts.
Alongside the safety criteria mentioned, employees in direct contact with customers are also an advertisement for your brand. With smart shoes and work clothing from uvex, not only are your values represented in colour and style, but they also shine through thanks to high wearer comfort and the well-being of your employees.
Even though uvex is already a well-known provider of head-to-toe PPE, there is hardly a place where this is more important than in a workshop. Respirators and goggles, earmuffs and head protection, and clothing and gloves that are not compatible with one another are not conducive to ensuring the protection and comfort of employees. With our experts, we support you in making the best choices when it comes to essential protective equipment.
Eye protection for maintenance and repairs
UV400 vs. UV380
The WHO recommends UV protection up to 400 nm. For uvex, this has always been a given.
Hand protection for maintenance and repairs
The perfect safety gloves
Find your perfect safety gloves by answering four easy questions.
Foot protection for maintenance and repairs
Shoe size finder
The uvex shoe size finder app makes it particularly easy to measure your feet and to find the shoe size and width you need.
Head protection for maintenance and repairs
Hearing protection for maintenance and repairs
Using earplugs correctly
You will only benefit from the full protective effect of your hearing protection if you insert it correctly and clean reusable earplugs properly.
Respiratory protection for maintenance and repairs
Respiratory protection advisor
The quickest way to find the respirator that perfectly meets your needs.
Protective clothing for maintenance and repairs
Prescription safety spectacles and VDU spectacles for maintenance and repairs
uvex RX cd - comfort & design
uvex RX – plastic frames
- organic material with very high tensile strength
- only limited chemical resistance
- mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
- PC+ – polycarbonate lens that is thicker in the middle, especially for uvex RX goggles
- organic material with high tensile strength
- lightweight, also suitable for high prescriptions
- excellent optical image reproduction properties, even for high prescriptions
- excellent resistance to cleaning agents, oils and cosmetics
- good scratch resistance
- best all-round lens material
- mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
Anti-reflective coating is a layer applied to the inside and outside of lenses using vapour deposition. It significantly reduces reflections on the surfaces. It offers a cosmetic advantage and increases light transmission.
Three types of coating are available:
- Normal anti-reflective coating
- Multi anti-reflective coating
- Super anti-reflective coating
UV blue protect
A special absorber has been added to the lens material that completely filters out UV rays and reduces the blue light content.
- The lenses absorb UV radiation up to 400 nm at 100%, filter short-wave blue light up to 410 nm almost completely and reduce the spectrum from 410 nm to 420 nm by 86%.
- uvex UV blue protect lenses enhance contrast and effectively prevent signs of fatigue and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- The mechanical strength of the lenses is guaranteed – clear lenses with UV blue protect are marked 2C-1.2.
- UV blue protect is optionally available for polycarbonate (PC) lenses and HI 1.67.
Our service for optimal protection
Individual eye protection with uvex VDU spectacles and uvex prescription safety spectacles.
Otoplastics for maintenance and repairs
Medicare for maintenance and repairs
Certified safety shoe insoles from uvex medicare
Everything you need to know about insoles at a glance!
Consultation appointment with our uvex automotive experts
Are you interested in our uvex occupational safety equipment for the automotive industry and would like to discuss questions and possible conditions? Our uvex automotive experts will be happy to help. Submit a request via our online contact form and we will send you more information.