Logistics and building sites
We are so happy to see the developments and continuously innovative changes that our customers in the automotive sector are making. New buildings and production plants are erected, while dispatch routes and storage solutions are optimised.
It is essential to provide protective equipment that delivers thanks to its ergonomic design and wearer acceptance despite situational noise exposure and changing weather conditions. Using screens in the logistics sector or operating construction machinery should not be adversely affected as a result of the user or operator wearing our products; in fact, our products should act as a protective companion for employees.
For people affected by changing weather conditions and safety hazards that are difficult to see, a special type of protection is required. The mere brightness and reflective quality of high-visibility clothing that meets the requirements of EN ISO 20471 are often not enough to make a worker visible in good time to a test driver or someone driving logistics vehicles, for example. “uvex protection active flash” also equips certified high-visibility clothing with high-quality light guides to make sure that vulnerable workers in areas such as logistics and building sites can be clearly and easily seen beyond the reach of the reflective element of their clothing.
Special protection for workers’ hands is particularly important in the area of logistics, where a wide range of goods and packaging materials are handled. However, state-of-the-art technology often requires unrestricted use of touchscreens to optimise work processes. The wearing of safety gloves must not be restrictive in any way, which is why “UVEX safety gloves” - made in Germany - place high value on sensitivity and being able to operate displays, regardless of whether protection against rough or sharp objects is required at the same time.
When it comes to choosing PPE, protection against UVA and UVB rays is often disregarded. While optimum UV protection for the eyes and skin must be guaranteed for outdoor logistics operations and building sites, there are also hazards in indoor areas due to the amount of blue light (HEV, high-energy visible light) processed by the eyes during intensive media usage (PCs, tablets etc.) and changing light bulbs to LED lighting solutions. Safety spectacles made by uvex offer you optimum protection and maximum visibility both inside and outside. Protective clothing with designated UV protection also enables staff to work safely even on very sunny days.
UV400 vs. UV380
The WHO recommends UV protection up to 400 nm. For uvex, this has always been a given.
The perfect safety gloves
Find your perfect safety gloves by answering four easy questions.
Shoe size finder
The uvex shoe size finder app makes it particularly easy to measure your feet and to find the shoe size and width you need.
Using earplugs correctly
You will only benefit from the full protective effect of your hearing protection if you insert it correctly and clean reusable earplugs properly.
uvex Respiratory Expert System
The fast route to finding the right respirator for your needs.
- Organic material with high tensile strength
- Lightweight, also suitable for high prescriptions
- Very good optical image reproduction properties even on high prescriptions
- Very high resistance to cleaning solutions, oils, cosmetics
- Good scratch resistance
- Best all-round lens material
- Mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
- Available in brown or grey
- Tinting levels: 15%, 25%, 65%, 75%
Variable tinting – Variomatic™
- Lenses tint automatically, depending on the intensity of the UV radiation and temperature
- Tinting of approx. 8% to 80% in brown
- Available on polycarbonate and Trivex™ prescription safety lenses
Anti-reflective coating is applied to the inside and outside of lenses using vapour deposition. It significantly reduces reflections on the surfaces. It offers a cosmetic advantage and increases light transmission.
Three types of coating are available:
- Normal anti-reflective coating
- Multi anti-reflective coating
- Super anti-reflective coating
A special absorber has been added to the lens material that completely filters out UV rays and reduces the blue light content.
- The lenses absorb UV radiation up to 400 nm at 100%, filter short-wave blue light until 410 nm almost completely and reduce the range from 410 nm to 420 nm around 86%.
- uvex UV blue protect lenses enhance contrast and effectively prevent signs of fatigue and age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- UV blue protect is optionally available for polycarbonate (PC) lenses and HI 1.67
- the mechanical strength of the lenses is guaranteed — clear lenses with UV blue protect are marked 2C-1.2 according to EN 170
Our service for optimal protection
Individual eye protection with uvex VDU spectacles and uvex prescription safety spectacles.
Certified safety shoe insoles from uvex medicare
Everything you need to know about insoles at a glance!
Arrange a consultation with our uvex automotive experts
Are you interested in our uvex automotive equipment and would like to discuss questions and possible conditions? Our uvex automotive experts will be happy to help. Submit a request via our online contact form and we will send you more information.