Logistics and building sites
uvex occupational safety equipment for the logistics sector and building sites
We are so happy to see the developments and continuously innovative changes that our customers in the automotive sector are making. New buildings and production plants are being erected, while dispatch routes and storage solutions are being optimised.
It is essential to provide protective equipment that delivers thanks to its ergonomic design and wearer acceptance, despite situational noise exposure and changing weather conditions. Using screens in the logistics sector or operating construction machinery should not be adversely affected as a result of the user or operator wearing our products; in fact, our products should act as a protective companion for employees.
For people affected by changing weather conditions and safety hazards that are difficult to see, a special type of protection is required. The mere brightness and reflective quality of high-visibility clothing that meets the requirements of EN ISO 20471 are often not enough to make a worker visible in good time to a test driver or someone driving logistics vehicles, for example. “uvex protection active flash” also equips certified high-visibility clothing with high-quality light guides to make sure that vulnerable workers in areas such as logistics and building sites can be clearly and easily seen beyond the reach of the reflective element of their clothing.
Special protection for workers’ hands is particularly important in the area of logistics, where a wide range of goods and packaging materials are handled. However, state-of-the-art technology often requires unrestricted use of touchscreens to optimise work processes. The wearing of safety gloves must not be restrictive in any way, which is why “UVEX safety gloves”, which are made in Germany, place high value on sensitivity and being able to operate displays, while offering protection against rough or sharp objects at the same time.
When it comes to choosing PPE, protection against UVA and UVB rays is often disregarded. While optimum UV protection for the eyes and skin must be guaranteed for outdoor logistics operations and building sites, there are also hazards for your eyes in indoor areas due to the blue light content (HEV, high-energy visible light) from intensive media usage (PCs, tablets etc.) and the switch from bulbs to LED lighting. Safety spectacles made by uvex offer you optimum protection and maximum visibility both inside and outside. Protective clothing with designated UV protection also enables staff to work safely even on very sunny days.
Hand protection for logistics applications and building sites
The perfect safety gloves
Find your perfect safety gloves by answering four easy questions.
Foot protection for logistics applications and building sites
Shoe size finder
The uvex shoe size finder app makes it particularly easy to measure your feet and to find the shoe size and width you need.
Head protection for logistics applications and building sites
Hearing protection for logistics applications and building sites
Using earplugs correctly
You will only benefit from the full protective effect of your hearing protection if you insert it correctly and clean reusable earplugs properly.
Respiratory protection for logistics applications and building sites
Respiratory protection advisor
The quickest way to find the respirator that perfectly meets your needs.
Protective clothing for logistics applications and building sites
Prescription safety spectacles and VDU spectacles for logistics applications and building sites
uvex RX cd - comfort & design
uvex RX – plastic frames
uvex RX – metal frames
- organic material with very high tensile strength
- only limited chemical resistance
- mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
- PC+ – polycarbonate lens that is thicker in the middle, especially for uvex RX goggles
- organic material with high tensile strength
- lightweight, also suitable for high prescriptions
- excellent optical image reproduction properties, even for high prescriptions
- excellent resistance to cleaning agents, oils and cosmetics
- good scratch resistance
- best all-round lens material
- mechanical strength, class “F” (45 m/sec)
Tinted lenses provide effective protection against glare in areas with high light intensity (for example, sunlight).
- available in brown and grey
- tinting levels: 15%, 25%, 65%, 75%
Variable tinting – Variomatic™
- lenses tint automatically, depending on the UV radiation and temperature
- tinting of approx. 8% to 80% in brown
- available on polycarbonate and Trivex™ prescription safety lenses
Anti-reflective coating is a layer applied to the inside and outside of lenses using vapour deposition. It significantly reduces reflections on the surfaces. It offers a cosmetic advantage and increases light transmission.
Three types of coating are available:
- Normal anti-reflective coating
- Multi anti-reflective coating
- Super anti-reflective coating
UV blue protect
A special absorber has been added to the lens material that completely filters out UV rays and reduces the blue light content.
- The lenses absorb UV radiation up to 400 nm at 100%, filter short-wave blue light up to 410 nm almost completely and reduce the spectrum from 410 nm to 420 nm by 86%.
- uvex UV blue protect lenses enhance contrast and effectively prevent signs of fatigue and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- The mechanical strength of the lenses is guaranteed – clear lenses with UV blue protect are marked 2C-1.2.
- UV blue protect is optionally available for polycarbonate (PC) lenses and HI 1.67.
Our service for optimal protection
Individual eye protection with uvex VDU spectacles and uvex prescription safety spectacles.
Otoplastics for logistics applications and building sites
Medicare for logistics applications and building sites
Certified safety shoe insoles from uvex medicare
Everything you need to know about insoles at a glance!
Consultation appointment with our uvex automotive experts
Are you interested in our uvex occupational safety equipment for the automotive industry and would like to discuss questions and possible conditions? Our uvex automotive experts will be happy to help. Submit a request via our online contact form and we will send you more information.